Monday, December 20, 2010

Raindrops

Raindrops, the splattering of raindrops
An assurance that I wasn’t trudging alone in the dark street...
They spoke in dulcet tunes, of a girl I knew,
Her absence had made my world barren and desolate.
Eyes grew moist for I happened to see...
Her precious face in a puddle before me,
But alas! Tricksters they were...
They distorted the reflection, they stole it from me,
Robbers they were!!
Raindrops, the dripping of raindrops
From the leaves...reminded me of the rainy day
When I met her on the road,
A timid figure on the street, shaking with cold
As I drove her to shelter, she squeezed and whispered
In a voice so fidgety, three words so pure,
I caressed her hand in affirmation and sealed it with a kiss.
We rode off undaunted and made promises to meet
Despite the long nights that lay ahead.
The image grew blurry and finally disappeared,
My heart pounded with glee as I made my way home.
I was dancing with the raindrops...

- Amitanshu Mishra
Additional Secretary - LND

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. that was a beautiful one. :)