Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BILLET DOUX

You came into my life in the most unexpected way,
And left me with no words to say.
Didn’t accept you at the first go,
But then it seemed that our story died long ago.
Then came a period of dormancy,
Wherein, I liked Edward and you Nancy.
Pretence of “moving on” I had started,
With my raving feelings everyday I combated.
Misconceived notions, the emotions; the concoction I prepared,
For a change ,didn’t know for the better or worse, I dared...

Pointless yet binding,
Superfluous yet satisfying,
Denying yet agreeing,
Colliding yet caring,
Striking just to stumble,
Yelling but meaning to mumble..
It was a confusing but trussing time.
Where I saw your other side,
Wondering for how long will I have to abide.

Something happened one day,
For which, the price I still have to pay...;)
You were doing something to me,
A kismet for which I was whimsically eccentric about...
Your coup-de-grace mollified me,
Femme fatale understood her faux pas.
It was time for the gamine to decide,
Leaving all her plans aside.

The new moon brought with it,
My submergence into the waters of love that flowed,
Whirl in the turbulence –yes, that’s exactly what I did.

A slight fear persisted in you,
The next day when you didn’t have a clue,
Of what mind set I would be in,
Trust me, this time to ego I didn’t give in.

Listened to my heart,
This was a fresh start.
With a higher understanding,
The twinges were healing,
O yes! I was feeling..
That this would last
Till the ship sinks until the very mast...

Contributed by
Sejal Chauhan, 3/4 B.Tech ECE

Add To Google BookmarksStumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditTwit ThisAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo

4 comments:

dev said...

gr8 contribution ....keep posting !!!! :) :)

nkovidreddy said...

gr8 contribution .....keep the same spirit & do keep posting !!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

insightful

Makaveli said...

Cliches rule the world
Play your hand or fold
Cos aura doesn't spin gold
Fools tell tales, already told